Whether you call it walking, hiking or rambling, the Gay Sunday Walking Group goes out and enjoys it - in London, Middlesex, Essex, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Berks, Bucks, Beds and Herts on one all-day and one half-day walk each month.
You don’t have to be an experienced rambler to take part, in fact many of our members have developed a taste for the open air as a result of coming on one of our walks for the first time. Each month we have a half-day walk of about 3 to 6 miles, usually in Greater London, and also a full-day walk of 7 to 12, usually out in the countryside but within an hour’s train journey from central London.
We walk at a comfortable pace in a group of up to about twenty or so, starting and finishing at a railway or tube station. On full-day walks we stop at a pub or café for lunch (circumstances permitting) but you are welcome to bring a packed lunch if you prefer.
The group is affiliated to the Ramblers Association and has insurance cover arranged through it.
GSWG membership is open to gay men, lesbians, and gay-friendly friends and costs just £12 a year. This entitles you to come on as many walks as you want for no further charge. We send members a quarterly Walks Notice and Newsletter via email (there is a £5 supplement to receive these items by post), and an invitation to our popular December Tea celebration.If you’d like to join or to get more information, or to try a walk or two before joining:
- Sun 05 Jun 2022 11:55 Mole Valley (Surrey) Linear Walk
These are some of the walks we have done recently:
- Sat 28 May 2022 North Downs Way (Hollingbourne to Charing) Walk
- Sun 15 May 2022 Sole Street and Meopham Circular Walk
- Sun 08 May 2022 Richmond Park and Isabella Plantation Circular Walk
- Sat 23 Apr 2022 North Downs Way (Boxley to Hollingbourne) Walk
- Mon 18 Apr 2022 Epping Forest Circular Walk
- Sat 02 Apr 2022 Kingsbury Circular Walk
- Sat 26 Mar 2022 North Downs Way (Cuxton to Boxley) Walk
- Sun 20 Mar 2022 Sevenoaks and Ightham Mote Circular Walk
- Sat 05 Mar 2022 Richmond and Marble Hill Park Circular Walk
- Sun 20 Feb 2022 Caterham and Godstone Circular Walk
Hoping to hear from you,
The Gay Sunday Walking Group.